Henan Win Win Chemical Industrial Co. LtdPVC Resin Manufacturer and Other Chemicals Supplier in China
What is Titanium Dioxide?
Titanium dioxide is a naturally occurring oxide of titanium. It has the highest refractive index of any material known to man, even the diamond, and is one of the whitest materials on earth. When ground into a fine powder, it transforms into a pigment that provides maximum whiteness and opacity. TiO2 pigments are used in paints and coatings, plastics, paper, building materials, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, foods and many other commercial products.
Pigment-grade Titanium Dioxide
Pigment-grade titanium dioxide is used in a range of applications that require high opacity and brightness. In fact, most surfaces and items that are white and pastel, and even dark shades of color, contain titanium dioxide. Pigment-grate titanium dioxide is used in a range of applications, including:
· Paints and Coatings: Titanium dioxide provides opacity and durability, while helping to ensure the longevity of the paint and protection of the painted surface.
· Plastics, Adhesives and Rubber: Titanium dioxide can help minimize the brittleness, fading and cracking that can occur as a result of light exposure. This can enhance the useful life of many plastic and rubber components used in vehicles, building materials and other exterior applications.
· Cosmetics: Pigment-grade titanium dioxide is use in some cosmetics to aid in hiding blemishes and brightening the skin. Titanium dioxide allows for the use of thinner coatings of make-up material for the same desired effect.
· Paper: Titanium dioxide is used to coat paper, making it whiter, brighter and more opaque.
· Food Contact Materials and Ingredients: The opacity to visible and ultraviolet light offered by titanium dioxide protects food, beverages, supplements and pharmaceuticals from premature degradation, enhancing the longevity of the product. Specific classes of high purity pigment-grade titanium dioxide are also used in drug tablets, capsule coatings and as a decorative aid in some foods.